IBM TS4300 Tape Library. LTO7, LTO8, LTO9. 6741A1F
IBM TS4300 Tape Library (Machine Type 6741) combines IBM enterprise tape automation and reliability with open system affordability. It is a high-density, highly scalable, easy-to-manage solution designed to keep data securely stored long-term, while helping reduce the costs associated with data center space and utilities.
The TS4300 utilizes modular design to meet growing long-term storage requirements. Starting with a single 3U base module, customers can scale the tape library by adding up to six 3U expansion modules for the overall capacity of up to 280 LTO cartridges. Each 3U base or expansion module can house up to 40 cartridges in two removable magazines.
Each 3U module can accommodate up to three half-height tape drives or a combination of one half-height tape drive and one full-height tape drive. The choice of the tape drives includes IBM LTO Ultrium 9, 8, 7, or 6 Tape Drives with SAS or Fibre Channel host connectivity interfaces.
TS4300 base model has the following characteristics:
- Base module can be installed and operate on its own, providing capacity for 40 LTO cartridges.
- Cartridge capacity: configured to hold two removable magazines, one on the left side and one on the right side, holding 20 slots each for a total of 40 data cartridges. This enables quick population of the tape library, as well as ease of storage for media
- I/O station: The full group of five slots will be configurable as either import/export elements or as storage elements. This enables continuous library operation during import or export of data cartridges.
- Media options: Uses LTO Ultrium® 9 Data Cartridge (5-pack)
- Robotics: The base library will include scaling robotics with a barcode reader for identifying, locating, and moving LTO cartridges between storage locations and drives.
- Power supplies: Power supplies are rated 80 PLUS Silver. Each module can run with a single power supply for nonredundant operation. Power supplies will be hot swappable when two are installed in a single module.
Warranty services and upgrades
The TS4300 Tape Library (machine type 6741) has a three-year Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU) warranty.
The standard warranty terms are customer-replaceable unit (CRU) and onsite (for field-replaceable units FRUs only) with standard call center support during normal business hours and 9x5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered.
Warranty Upgrade (Preconfigured Support) Contact us for a Quote.
Services are available to meet the on-site response time targets that match the criticality of your systems.
- 3, 4, or 5 years of service coverage
- 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions
- Foundation Service: 9x5 service coverage with next business day onsite response
- Essential Service: 24x7 service coverage with 4-hour onsite response or 24-hour committed repair (available only in select markets)
Advanced Service: 24x7 service coverage with 2-hour onsite response or 6-hour committed repair (available only in select markets)
This product is shipping directly from the manufacturer. Contact us to find out the delivery date before ordering.
Lenovo PN: 6741A1F