mLogic, 1U rack-mountable tape archiving solution, Thunderbolt 3, single LTO-8 drive, Xendata 6 MRACK-LTO8-XD
This product is shipping directly from the manufacturer. Contact us to find out the delivery date before ordering.
mLogic, 1U rack-mountable tape archiving solution, Thunderbolt 3, Dual LTO-8 drives, Xendata 6 MRACK-LTO8-XD
mRack LTO revolutionizes LTO, empowering users to easily connect LTO-8 technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. Dead simple. Another mLogic first. LTO tape offers a shelf-life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid-state drive technology. mRack is the ultimate archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term. And LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost-effective. mRack ships with Xendata 6.
- 1U rack-mountable enclosure with single or dual LTO-8 tape drives
- Ideal for desktop use or for mounting in standard 19” racks or DIT carts
- Up to 12 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf-life - Significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 300MB/second data transfer rate
- Reads and writes to both LTO-8 & LTO-7 tapes (does not read LTO-6 tapes)
- Compatible with industry-leading backup and archiving software
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports enables daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Dual drive version enables writing to two LTO-8 drives simultaneously
- macOS and Windows compatible
- Includes Xendata 6
- Ships complete with Fujifilm Universal Cleaning Cartridge and Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 1U rack-mountable SAS LTO with single or dual LTO tape drives
- Up to 30TB* storage capacity per tape cartridge
- Up to 750 MB/second* data transfer rate
- Reads and writes to both LTO 7 & 8 tapes
- Linear Tape File System (LTFS) compatible
- Designed to backup and archive content on Linux and Windows workstations
- Also compatible with older "Cheese Grater" Mac Pros with PCIe slots
- LTO tape has a 30+ years shelf life - Significantly longer than hard drives
Ships with LTO cleaning tape and SAS cable (SAS HBA optional)
* with 2.5:1 compression
1U SAS LTO-8 Backup & Archiving Solutions
mLogic's 1U rack-mountable SAS LTO's are affordable and easy to deploy backup/archive solutions designed for small to medium-sized businesses. Users can keep their data secure on LTO tape cartridges that can be transported off-site for disaster recovery or long-term archiving. mLogic 1U rack-mountable SAS LTO solutions are available in single drive and dual drive versions. Single drive units can be easily upgraded in the field to dual drive units.
LTO is unrivaled in terms of cost, reliability, portability and security and plays a critical role in data protection. Any industry where vast amounts of data are being collected and stored – medical imaging, digital surveillance, oil/gas exploration and video production for example - can benefit from LTO technology.
Drag and Drop Content with LTFS.
mLogic’s SAS LTO solutions are Linear Tape File System (LTFS) compatible. LTFS is an industry-standard format that mounts an LTO tape cartridge like a hard drive enabling simple drag and drop functionality for file backup and archiving. This eliminates the need for backup software and allows LTO cartridges to be exchanged easily between users, operating systems, and third-party LTFS software applications.
|Interface:||6 Gb/s SAS|
|Tape Drive(s):||Single or Dual IBM LTO-8, LTFS Compatible|
Native / Compressed:
|300 / 750 MB/s|
Native / Compressed:
|12TB / Up to 30TB|
|System Requirements:|| Mac Pro, Windows or Linux PC with SAS HBA
IBM LTFS or compatible backup/archive software
|Size:||10.2 x 7.8 x 2.32"/ 259 x 198 x 59 mm|
|Weight:|| Single Drive - 16 lb / 7.25 kg
Dual Drive - 19 lb / 8.6 kg
|What's in the Box?|| 1U enclosure with single or dual LTO-8 tape drives
Fujifilm Universal Cleaning cartridge
2 meter SAS cable(s)
Optional SAS HBA