MagStor LTO9 18TB Thunderbolt 3 RAID Desktop LRU Tape Drive LTO-9 TAA TRB3-LRU9
Why MagStor? Click here to find out.
☑ Apple™ Certified ☑ Intel™ Certified ☑ Apple™ Silicon M1 Compatible
MagStor presents the World’s first Thunderbolt 3 fully integrated portable LTO RAID Unit (LRU) multi-tier storage solution, the LRU-9
Record video to SSD at the highest speeds possible, and then archive to LTO when convenient.
- Featuring MagStor’s patented* Thunderbolt-3 to LTO design with SSD RAID.
- Hardware based RAID using a single TB3 interface with previously unattainable ingest speeds to LTO
- Support up to 6 SATA SSD Drives with RAID levels 0,1,3,5,6,10,and Single pass through disk support
- Dual Core ARM A15 1.6GHz processor with RAID On Chip
- 8GB DDR4-2666 cache memory with ECC protection
- Broad operating support including Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, macOS and VMware
- Support for LTO transport layer retries (TLR) for error handling
- MagStor Single Admin Portal for Windows and Mac allows Full device configuration for RAID setup
- Carrying handle included for onsite and studio use
- SSD drives - BYOD, or order with the drive, we will configure them as RAID-5 prior to shipment
- Ships with Hedge Canister LTFS Software
- Compatible with NanoPure Media™
- Optional Rugged Carrying case available for secure transport
- 3 year parts and labor RTB warranty
Unmatched performance for video production needs
The MagStor LRU-9 offers unmatched ingest speeds compared to competitive solutions:
Typical LRU speeds are shown below:
2418Mb/s Write with 6x Samsung EVO 870 SSD at RAID 0
1753Mb/s Write with 6x Samsung EVO 870 SSD at RAID 5
- LTO9 Tape Drive,
- 18TB, up to 300 MB/s Read/Write Speeds (Native)
- 6 SATA SSD Drives Bay with Hardware RAID levels 0,1,3,5,6,10,and Single pass through disk support
- 30 Year LTO Media Archive Life
- Built-in PSU, no bulky adapters needed
- 2x Front Facing Thunderbolt™ 3 Ports for Daisy Chain
- TAA Compliant (Tape Drives Made in Japan)
- 3 Year Warranty (Upgrade to 5 Years US/CAN)
- Two Thunderbolt™ 3 front-facing 40 Gb/s interface ports allow connection to a MAC or PC with a Thunderbolt™ 3 compatible USB-C Port
- 100/240 VAC 50/60 Hz Auto-sensing
Dimensions & Weight
- 13.4 x 5.8 x 6.8 inches (L x H x W) / 13 lbs (w/o SSD drives)
- Hedge Canister (Included)
- Third-Party TAR based backup software, Acronis etc.
- YoYotta LTFS
Supported Operating Systems :
- MAC OSX 10.12 or higher
- Intel or M1, M2 CPU
- Windows 10, 11
Includes a Free license for Hedge LTFS software “Canister” for MAC & Windows and OffShoot Software.
When ordering complete with SSD drives
Configured RAID 5 using 6x Samsung EVO 870 SATA III 2.5” SSD.
5-year warranty on the SSD drives *
RAID 5 capacity, 6 drives.
Using 4TB Drives - 20TB usable space
Using 2TB Drives - 10TB Usable space
Using 1TB Drives - 5TB Usable Space
Might require an extra day before shipping
* Warrantied TBW (terabytes written) for 870 EVO: 600 TBW for 1TB model, 1,200 TBW for 2TB model and 2,400 TBW for 4TB model or 5 years, whichever comes first. Warranty provided by Samsung
MagStor TRB3-LRU9 includes:
- One desktop LTO9 tape drive with two Thunderbolt™ 3 front-facing interface ports, 6x SSD RAID bay (without SSD drives).
- One 2 Meter MagStor (Intel Certified) Thunderbolt™ 3 Active 40 Gb/s cable
- One US power cable
- Three-year warranty
MagStor® is a registered trademark of MagStor Inc
Thunderbolt™ 3 is a trademark of Intel
MAC™ is a trademark of Apple
* US Patent: 11,200,194