XenData6 Workstation software runs on 64 bit Windows 10, 8.1 or Windows 7 and provides high performance archiving to and restoring from LTO cartridges using Windows Explorer. For Mac users, the software is compatible with both Boot Camp and VM Fusion.
XenData6 Workstation for Windows
Archive and restore operations are always performed using Windows Explorer: the XenData software extends Explorer's capabilities to transfer files to and from LTO using drag and drop or copy and paste. Files may be archived to LTO from any accessible logical drive letter or network share. Similarly, files may be restored to an available drive letter or share.
- Writes to LTO using either LTFS or TAR formats
- Maintains file and folder structures, allowing easy transfer of nested folders to and from LTO
- All file types are supported from DPX to MXF or even Word docs
- End to End Logical Block Protection which verifies the integrity of the file written to LTO in real time
- Manages an unlimited number of offline LTO cartridges
- Ability to browse or search for files including those that are offline
- Ability to run reports that provides tape content and file search information even for offline LTO cartridges
- Faster file restores because the XenData6 Workstation software restores files in tape order
- No interleaved file blocks when archiving multiple simultaneous files for better data integrity and faster restores
- Robust capability to restore files from cartridges after misuse such as a power failure to the LTO drive while writing.
The software license allows you to install the software on multiple computers and use an assigned tape drive on any of those computers.